Friday, March 14, 2008

It just sits there, mocking me.

So, yesterday I came home from work to find a large shipping box from Williams-Sonoma in the middle of the living room--our first wedding present! So exciting! I made G come into the living room to experience the momentous occasion then ripped open the box to find...a wrapped box. G*d#%^$%#!!! You see, I felt no compunction opening the shipping box immediately because you really can't be expected not to open that. But a wrapped gift is a different story. I know you're not supposed to use any presents until after the wedding, but is it OK to open them? That way you can send a thank you note immediately, which seems the most courteous. But if that's true, then why would anyone bother with the wrapping? That really implies it's not to be opened immediately. Paralyzed with conflict (and the fear of being haunted by the ghosts of Miss Manners and/or Abigail Van Buren), I put the blasted thing on the sideboard, unwrapped, where it's still sitting. How long do y'all think I'll last?

1 Comments:

At 3:37 AM , Blogger mama to isabel said...

i am awful, I would totally open it. ;-P

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home