Sunday, March 02, 2008

And then there was hair.

Yesterday I had my hair and makeup trial for the wedding. I was happy with the makeup (and pleasantly surprised that when I said "light & natural" I didn't end up looking like Tammy Faye Baker, RIP). The hair is another story. G loves it, but I'm not sold.

Here are the inspiration photos I showed her.

The stylist did three iterations of the same general 'do, trying to tweak it into something I liked.

This is #1. I hated it. Looked like the sides of my head were trying to take flight.

This is #2. Much better. the back was still a bit large & in charge, but definitely better than the first.

This is #3. The front is basically the same, but she twisted a large section of the hair down to hide it and make the back a little smaller.

This is #3 with the veil (and my hair comb). I think I like it, but it's a little more glamorous than I was going for. I was thinking of something a little more casual, I think. Plus, I'm afraid it makes me look a little old. But maybe I am just old. ;)

What do you think?

4 Comments:

At 12:11 PM , Blogger Jessica Córdova said...

I think you failed at "casual" when you went for the couture gown with the 9 month production lead time. ;-)

And that gown with the shrug jacket made you look old. This *gorgeous* hair does NOT. :-)

 
At 12:41 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like both #2 and #3. #1 - flowers, "I'm formal but I'm hippy too" approach, NO. Only if Graham is wearing a tuxedo-T-shirt, and then I'll boycott the wedding. I don't think you should go any more casual than #2 or #3. You bought a strapless, lace-trimmed wedding dress with a complex silhouette. It's already formal. If you went more casual, your head is going to look downplayed compared to your dress. You're not embellishing it with the crown jewels of England or anything; #2 or #3 will be a much better balance to your dress.

 
At 10:40 AM , Blogger Perle Stellar said...

I like the flower clippy in your veil pictures

 
At 1:14 PM , Blogger mama to isabel said...

I have to side with nilla... LOVE IT!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home