Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Adventures of a Not-So-Buff Bride

Although I'm at a healthy BMI, I'm not what one might call "in shape." Unless, of course, the shape is question is Jello. So I have embarked on an at-home toning plan called The Buff Bride Challenge. It's generally a bunch of the same weight-bearing exercises everyone recommends for toning, with a focus on the arms, shoulders, and back, which most wedding dresses these days reveal.

Day 1 of the 12 week challenge was Monday and I can confidently say it was a disaster. I started off with what I thought was a light 3 lb. weight. Scratch that. It was a light 3 lb. weight. And I couldn't even do 12 triceps presses. Soooo embarrassing. Day 2 of strength training is today. Let's hope it goes a little better.

There is a secondary reason (aside from not wanting to subject you all to the wind gusts coming from my flabby arms)--I'm not sure my dress will fit! When the bridal salon measured me, my bust came in at a Size 6, my waist at a Size 8, and my hips at a Size 12! Cue Sir Mixalot! We went ahead and ordered the 8 because the sample dress was a 10 and too big, but let's just say that the notion of trying to cram my Size 12 booty into a Size 8 dress is a big motivator!!

3 Comments:

At 5:29 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I ordered a size 8 a when the 12 was snug, it all worked out and it is the best motivation. The 8 was actually a little loose when the big day arived! Don't worry
XOXO
Katie

 
At 4:09 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Uh, 3 pounds is a lot to start out with! lol!

 
At 10:01 AM , Blogger Da Fashionista said...

This post describes one of the many reasons I fear getting married.

The "Sir Mix a Lot" sizing situation would totally happen to me too :)

keep up the weight lifting - it definitely yields results!

so glad you commented and i found you, hearts!
D

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home