Wednesday, January 02, 2008

2007 In Review: A Meme

1. What did you do in 2007 that you’d never done before?

Got engaged, of course!

2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Of course not...and of course. Isn't it that the best part of being American--there's no accountability!

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?

Not that I'm aware of.


4. Did anyone close to you die?
Only the poinsetta on my desk. RIP.


5. What countries did you visit?

Didn't leave California the whole year.


6. What would you like to have in 2008 that you lacked in 2007?

A baby! Now there's a scary thought. Wait, nevermind. No baby for me in 2008; that would involve being pregnant by March and, Allah willing, that won't happen.


7. What was your biggest achievement of the year?

Definitely getting a new job and leaving behind the horribleness of my old one. It was really an awful environment, an awful job, and awful management. And, rumor has it, the place has actually gotten worse since I left.


8. What was your biggest failure?
Not finishing the Weasley sweater in time for Christmas. Poor W. He was a good sport, though. I talked to him a couple of days ago and he's anxious for it, but excited to hear about progress. I really hope it lives up to his expectations, because I have some concerns!


9. Did you suffer illness or injury?

Both! Of course there was the Thanksgiving trip to the emergency room for my neck. And then the week of Christmas, G & I got the Worst. Cold. Ever. We were really quite the pathetic pair. We're pretty sure M brought it when he came to visit, even though he was never sick. He's still getting blamed, though, because it's either that or my having shared endless plates of cookies with my co-workers. It couldn't possibly have been the cookies...cookies are good...cookies would never cause harm. Yes, definitely M.


10. What was the best thing you bought?

A Les Paul guitar for G.


11. Where did most of your money go?

To the wedding!


12. What did you get really, really, really excited about?

The wedding!


13. Compared to this time last year, are you:
 a) happier or sadder? 
b) thinner or fatter? 
c) richer or poorer?

Happier, fatter, and financially about the same (see: new job, but: wedding).


14. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Knitting.


15. What do you wish you’d done less of?

Not knitting.


16. What was the best book you read?

Ooh, that's a tough one. And heavily biased, I'm afraid, to what I've recently read (poor memory, me). I really loved A Thousand Splendid Suns. But I just finished up (before NYE, so it still counts!) Look Me In the Eye and it's amazing. It's the memoir of Augusten Burroughs' brother, who has Asperger's. Given that my nephew has Asperger's I was really hoping to gain some insight into how an Aspergian sees the world. I'm not sure the book really provided that kind of insight, but it was so well written and full of great stories that I loved it, anyway.


17. What did you want and get?
Engaged!


18. What did you want and not get?

A new car. I'm trying to be responsible and hang in there with my perfectly fine (if mildly ghetto) Grandmamobile.


19. What kept you sane?
That assumes I started sane.


20. Who did you miss?
My mom.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home