Thursday, December 13, 2007

Freaking Out Loud

Let me start by admitting that this Freak Out is of my own making and that it could have been avoided with a) proper planning and b) a little less laziness. Because FeministSAHM has hand knit 3 complete items in less than a week. But I don't think she's human. She's got to have bionic fingers or something. Seriously.

Nevertheless, here I am with half a sweater to knit and 12 days until Xmas. And I have to ship it to the East coast. The front and back are both done and the ends woven in (no small task!). Here's what I have left to do:

  1. Knit sleeves
  2. Block front, back, and sleeves
  3. Sew shoulder seams.
  4. Sew sleeves to body and seam up the sides
  5. Knit kneck
  6. Duplicate stitch the W onto the front

Here's how I'm going to do it. I think I can knit one sleeve today and one sleeve tomorrow during the day (let's hear it for commute knitting!). Then 12/14 I can pin out the pieces to block. They should be dry by 12/16, at which point I can sew the shoulders, do the seaming, and knit up the neck. Then on 12/17 I can stitch the W, wrap it up and mail it off on 12/18.

There's no way. Sigh.

2 Comments:

At 9:41 AM , Blogger Jessica Córdova said...

Don't go thinking I've made three *sweaters* in a week--not even baby sweaters.

 
At 10:19 AM , Blogger ljlkc said...

That just means that not only are you the Bionic Finger Woman, you're also Too Smart To Agree To Knit A Sweater For Christmas Woman.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home