Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Today's lesson

It's impossible to be in a bad mood in the face of Mariachi. Not that I'd otherwise be in a bad mood, slight Christmas-knitting-freak-out notwithstanding. I'm just saying. If I had been in a bad mood, I would be no longer.


For the last couple of weeks the fine folks at my office complex have been sponsoring holiday music every Thursday. There was a gospel choir, carolers (complete with period dress), and last week was a klezmer band (representing for the Jews, I imagine--Shalom!). Today there was mariachi, which doesn't strike me as very Holiday, but they were rockin' the carols along with the standard repertoire, so I can't complain. Besides, they were really awesome. And I think the outfits are growing on me. I just might need a pair of the studded pants.

1 Comments:

At 8:40 PM , Blogger Jessica Córdova said...

Jackpot! Now I finally know what to get you for Christmas!

But with only two shopping days left to the party. crap-crap-crap

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home