Thursday, November 22, 2007

Thanksgiving

Today, I am thankful for Atavan. And Vicodin. And Lorazipam. Because thanks to the combonation of these wonderful drugs, I was able to muster the strength for a drive down to SJ for a really yummy deep-fried heritage turkey and some truly amazing stuffing. Ooooh, and two kinds of pie (you should really try one of FeministSAHM's pies, if you ever get the chance). Not to mention the cranberries!! Mmmmm...cranberries.

I'm mostly thankful for my wonderful G who woke up out of a dead sleep to the sounds of my sobbing screams at 2:00am and hauled my whiny self down to the emergency room where they gave me all of those wonderful drugs. He even held my hand and made jokes while the nurse (who did not know, thanks to G, just how bad a patient I could have been) gave me the horrible shot.

So this Thanksgiving, I'm thankful to my wonderful G, my fabulous FILs, and modern medicine.

2 Comments:

At 10:31 AM , Blogger Jessica Córdova said...

I'm thankful my best friend made it down despite her body turning against her. :-)

 
At 12:15 PM , Blogger mama to isabel said...

so sorry you are in pain! and thankful that you seem to be feeling a little better- my offer of a massage stands without further mention, just say the word.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home