Tuesday, November 13, 2007

The Next Iron Chef (Spoiler!)

The Food Network's "The Next Iron Chef" recently ended (I'm not sure when--like everything else, it just appears on Tivo) and the winner was Michael Symon...from Cleveland. Seriously. I always thought Drew Carey was being ironic.


San Francisco was well represented in the show by Traci Des Jardins, of Jardiniere fame, and Chris Cosentino, of Noe Valley's Incanto. As luck would have it, I've had the pleasure of having eaten at both places, although I don't remember much about dinner at Incanto. I know a group of us went during "Dine About Town," a program restaurants in San Francisco have to boost business in otherwise-idle January. (Many of the best restaurants in San Francisco participate and serve a three-course menu for $25.) Having sadly not remembered the food at Incanto, I went looking for their menu online and found the Most Fabulous Idea Ever:

"We serve a special menu for large groups in the Dante Room, starting at $50 per person for a 4-course menu. With a minimum of three weeks' notice, we also offer a Whole Beast option, comprised of roast suckling pig, lamb, or goat, carved tableside for the entire group to enjoy."

I don't know about y'all, but I think I need to eat from a whole roast goat. Carved tableside. Who's in?!

1 Comments:

At 1:19 PM , Blogger mama to isabel said...

omg. I am in for the dinner, just not the table-side carving.

I might just die, right there, you could carve me up too- tartare.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home