Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Movie Meme

The rules:


  • Pick 10 of your favorite movies. (Note: These aren't really my favorites, but they are movies I love--don't you judge me).
  • Post a quote from each movie for everyone to guess.
  • Strike it out when someone guesses correctly, and put who guessed it and the movie.
  • Looking them up is cheating, please don’t.
Here are mine:

1. You know, I have a theory that hieroglyphics are really an ancient comic strip about a character named Sphinxy.
KnittyNay guesses correctly with When Harry Met Sally.

2. Ah, I like that. I like tulip. Tulip is much better than mongoloid.
KnittyNay guesses correctly with Pulp Fiction.

3. Never go in against a Sicilian when death is on the line.
KnittyNay guesses correctly with The Princess Bride.

4. All I need are some tasty waves, a cool buzz, and I'm fine.
FeministSAHM guesses correctly with Fast Times at Ridgemont High.

5. And I guess that was your accomplice in the woodchipper.
6-String Mike guesses correctly with Fargo.

6. Ho man, this baby must corner like it's on rails!
Maraboumccall guesses correctly with Pretty Woman.

7. What is this, "Hump a Limy" week, suddenly?
My future ex-husband guesses correctly with A Fish Called Wanda.

8. I feel like I'm Han Solo, and you're Chewie, and she's Ben Kenobi, and we're in that fucked-up bar.
6-String Mike guesses correctly with Dogma.

9. The ratio of people to cake is too big.

10. I'm gonna make Gretzky's head bleed for super fan 99 over here.
FeministSAHM guesses incorrectly (but admirably) with The Cutting Edge.

Good luck!

9 Comments:

At 7:33 PM , Blogger mama to isabel said...

2. Pulp Fiction
3. Princess Bride

the rest I will have to ask JV about... good challenge!

 
At 7:48 AM , Blogger mikemadarasz said...

Looks like 5 is Fargo, 8 is Dogma?

 
At 2:10 PM , Blogger mama to isabel said...

1. When Harry Met Sally! :-)

missed you last night...

 
At 8:52 AM , Blogger McCall Miller said...

6. Pretty Woman

 
At 9:58 PM , Blogger Jessica Córdova said...

Is 4 Fast Times at Ridgemont High?

And I'm ashamed I remembered the Pretty Woman one.

 
At 10:00 PM , Blogger Jessica Córdova said...

And 10 might be The Cutting Edge, as that is the only hockey-related movie I can think of that you love....

 
At 11:27 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

#7 is definitely Kevin Kline from "A Fish Called Wanda."

-tm

 
At 7:03 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

That last would be Swingers. "I'm gonna make Wayne Gretzky's head bleed for #99 Superfan here." Ha. I'm so money and I don't even know it.

 
At 1:35 AM , Blogger WineRiot said...

And the Ratio of People to Cake one is from Office Space I think???

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home