Monday, March 16, 2009

Beware the Ides of March: Knitting Edition

Only I could knit for two hours and end up farther behind than when I started. Oh, yes, that's right. I'm knitting a sweater for B that has a relatively simple cable pattern up the front. It's the world's cutest sweater and I can't wait to see him wear it, but it might be at the expense of my sanity. Here's how the knitting went yesterday:

  • Knit three rows, realize I forgot to add the decreases at the beginning and end of the rows.
  • Unknit three rows.
  • Re-knit the three rows and include the increases. Realize I've screwed up the pattern (on the wrong (read: easier)) side.
  • Unknit three rows.
  • Re-knit 8 rows, following pattern chart perfectly and remembering decreases. Re-consult written pattern and realize I was only supposed to decrease on the first three rows.
  • Un-knit 5 rows.
  • Realize I've dropped a stitch somewhere in the middle of the cable pattern (so I can't just pick it up).
  • Un-knit 5 more rows and find the dropped stitch. Realize it was in the middle of the cable and probably could have just been picked up.
  • Put down knitting and go get ice cream. Wish it were wine.

Total rows knit: -2.

2 Comments:

At 10:25 PM , Blogger Rob, Katie and Sarah said...

oh I get it not pregnancy brain but pregnancy knit? I have a feeling that B will be just as cute in a slightly "off" sweater as he would in a perfectly stitched sweater, just a thought.

 
At 10:10 AM , Blogger Silly Lily said...

Lucy, I admire you going for the knitting... I watched my grandma did it once and I vowed not to get involved. This is a cute blog... it made me chuckle. B will look good in anything you make for him.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home