Friday, September 28, 2007

**Wedding Warning**

I'm not sure that most of my friends will believe me (and G certainly won't), but I haven't spent my whole life dreaming about my wedding day. I didn't put a sheet on my head and pretend it was a veil while clutching a bouquet of dandelions. (Really--Tonya, back me up here.) I think that was mostly because I couldn't fathom the idea. It's not that I didn't think I'd ever get married, it just seemed like such a far-off, abstract concept. But when I did think of it, I knew I wanted a very casual cake and champagne reception, I wasn't going to wear my hair up (I wanted to look like I do every day), and I definitely wasn't walking down the aisle to the wedding march.

When it finally started to become real--that G & I really were going to get married and there really was going to be a wedding--I started making up for lost time. I now have every InStyle Weddings and Martha Stewart Weddings from the last year and a half, I check theknot.com and weddingbee.com every day, and I've annoyed my friends and family so much with wedding talk that I'm forced to post warnings of wedding content in my blog. And with all of this research, everything I ever thought I wanted went right out the window: I'm having a formal dinner-party wedding, donning an updo, and humming dum-dum-dah-dum as I walk down the aisle.

Update: I have evidently been out-ed as a LLPoF and/or complete fraud. To which I can only say I don't remember thinking about it and isn't that kind of the same?

3 Comments:

At 8:11 PM , Blogger Jessica Córdova said...

Do I get extra points for *NOT* bringing up the 1994 conversation we had about your wedding plans? Because I clearly remember it. ;-)

 
At 9:26 AM , Blogger ljlkc said...

That depends. Did it involve not using orange roses?

 
At 4:55 PM , Blogger Jessica Córdova said...

No, I want credit for not pointing out your...hmmm, let's call it a "change of heart" about the specifics of your wedding.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home