Monday, October 15, 2007

Stitchin' & Bitchin'

First, the Stitchin': I'm back (mostly unscathed) from the knitting retreat. I'll post a couple of pictures tomorrow (I'm far too lame to have uploaded them yesterday), but the weekend was a great time where the following may or may not have happened:


  • Screenings of Heathers, Top Gun, Steel Magnolias, Eddie Izzard, and a host of other movies that I slept through.
  • Katie made out with a fawn.
  • My bra was frozen.
  • 2.1 metric tons of pizza, brownies, rice crispy treats, Doritos, Kit Kats, and Keebler fudge stripe cookies were consumed...mostly by me.
  • Knitty Nay inappropriately spooned Katie.
  • Cynthia & I figured out that she used to know my brother Ken back in their high school/Job's Daughters/Demolay days.
  • Oh, and hats were made.

And now, the Bitchin': As predicted (and not woofed, as Sera insists), the Bears fell to the Beavers. But they didn't just lose, they lost in the stupidest way imaginable. Down by 3 with 11 seconds and no time outs left, the Bears decided to take one more shot at the end zone before sending on the field goal unit to tie the game. Unfortunately, Riley (backup quarterback and heretofore redshirt freshman) failed to do the one thing he absolutely had to do--throw the ball. Instead, he scrambled for 2 yards and watched helplessly as time ran out. As Tedford quickly pointed out, there were a lot more contributing factors to that loss than the last play, but I'm sure Riley's going to have a tough time on campus this week. Bonus Bitchin': The previously undefeated Cowboys lost to the Cheatin' Patriots yesterday. I'm not completely shocked by that loss, either, but it made for a miserable week of football.

2 Comments:

At 3:19 PM , Blogger Jessica Córdova said...

If you're back to calling yourself Katie again, "jew got some 'splainin' to do...."

 
At 10:39 AM , Blogger mama to isabel said...

I have to say that I warned her before she ever got into bed with me!

I was drunk and I don't like to sleep alone! I am a cuddle-er even when sober, you do the math!

one should be so lucky as to be spooned by me :-)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home