Saturday, July 19, 2008

Technically, I suppose, they were baked.

The photo to the left is the winning recipe of the 2008 Pillsbury Bake-Off. They're called Double Delight Peanut Butter Cookies and I'm sure they're very good. But the main ingredient in the recipe is...peanut butter cookie dough. Pre-made, pre-packaged Pillsbury cookie dough. Now, listen. I understand that this whole Bake-Off is a giant publicity stunt and, thus, the need for product placement is key. But I made a very nice loaf of bread yesterday with Pillsbury flour, so merely doctoring an existing product shouldn't be necessary. I mean, for the love of G*d--the woman that came up with this "recipe" won a million dollars! For rolling pre-made cookie dough around more peanut butter! Ugh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home